Phat Zephyr/Opus/Falcon/Jasper Install Guide (R-JTAG+)

Guides on modding, troubleshooting, and repairing Xbox 360 consoles.
coolshrimp
Site Admin

Phat Zephyr/Opus/Falcon/Jasper Install Guide (R-JTAG+)

You can have the absolute latest version dashboard installed if you wish.

Recommended Hardware:

(This is what I use myself in my own personal install)
  • CR4 XL
  • CR4 COMPLETE PHAT QSB KIT INCLUDING THE R-JTAG ALT QSB V2 INC AUD_CLAMP
  • DOUBLE SHIELDED PRO CPU RST CABLE - PHAT
  • JR PROGRAMMER V2 (You can use a v1, v1.1 or a NAND-X and even a DemoN)
The CR4 XL Board comes with wires and tuning caps 10pf, 22pf, 30pf, 47pf, 68pf, 82pf, 100pf. I personally like to use the double shielded pro cables that Xecuter makes because it gives a perfect grounded line so you are guaranteed a clean wave.

DEFAULT DIP SETTINGS (S1):

The DIP settings above are setup to be the perfect CENTER (average) for these PHAT version consoles. So you should then try DIPS 2, 3 and 4 to get the best results for your console. My personal favorite is DIP 3 (so for example 3 and 7 ON if you have a Falcon). Remember to only test 1 DIP at a time, do not switch 2 on at the same time.

POSTBIT JUMPERS (P1):

These fine tune the resistor on Postbit. The jumper should be set to 0 Ohms by default. In a very few minor instances a 10Ohm or 100Ohm resistor was required to shape a perfect wave (we're talking 5 out of maybe 100 motherboards - so we added the option for those cases)

Note: For Zephyr's if you have problems try to use the Falcon CB.

This is the complete QSB kit for Phat installs. The CR4 XL code was designed and tuned with these installed and are highly recommended to ensure a perfect install. They also come with all the necessary connectors for NAND-X, JR-Programmer, USB COMMS Cable, RATER, AUD_CLAMP & R-JTAG Ohms tuning.

Forgive my soldering it's a little ropey here. As you can see it doesn't get much easier than this. I have added a tuning cap just to show you where it sits but it didn't really need one (the caps legs should be cut nice and short, sitting as close to the board as possible - this pics was just for visuals only). You can add an extra wire to K for RATER auto reset support (KIOSK).

You should also trim all of your wires to be as neat as possible - do not have them straying wildly all over your motherboard

Extra Pads: ROL is for Ring of Light LED mod, CR_EN is for DemoN Coolrunnr Enable/Disable Mod etc

Now flip the motherboard and install the JTAG ALT V2 QSB. You don't even have to solder that really tiny resistor in the corner anymore either.

2-way switch you obviously set to ON
3-way switch set it to the middle (allows you to choose a resistor setting of 330 or 470 via the jumper)
Jumper set to 470 as default - you can try either, it's only really for hardcore tuners.
The solder jumper should be 1-3 for the AUD_CLAMP option
The green wire is to be soldered to Q2N1

NOTE: You can also use the JTAG ALT V1 QSB - It just takes a very simple modification using some electrical tape:

We tested all the CPU_RST points (blue wire). C7R112 consistently gave the best results with CR4 - especially when using the custom made Xecuter Double Shielded Pro Cable or the specially made IPEX CPU_RST Cable. The IPEX cable is especially nice as it's super neat and tidy too.

This is my final placement of the CR4 XL. As you can see it is super tidy.

If you want to have permanent external access to the NAND, you can hook up the QSB EXT V3 adapter.

Zephyr install with double shielded pro cable - here's what it looks like. You may or may not need to use a 22 cap.

Sorry about the ropy soldering and dodgy red electrical tape

Coolshrimp Modz
Brampton, ON
Https://CoolshrimpModz.com