Slim Corona v1 - v2 Install Guide (RGH2+)

Guides on modding, troubleshooting, and repairing Xbox 360 consoles.
coolshrimp
Site Admin

Slim Corona v1 - v2 Install Guide (RGH2+)

You can have the absolute latest version dashboard installed if you wish.
CR4_HIRES.png
CR4_HIRES.png (838.97 KiB) Viewed 25098 times
Recommended Hardware:

(This is what I use myself in my own personal install)
  • CR4 XL
  • CR4 TRINITY QSB KIT
  • DOUBLE SHIELDED PRO CPU RST CABLE - SLIM
  • JR PROGRAMMER V2 (You can use a v1, v1.1 or a NAND-X and even a DemoN)
The CR4 XL Board comes with wires and tuning caps 10pf, 22pf, 30pf, 47pf, 68pf, 82pf, 100pf.
I personally like to use the double shielded pro cables that Xecuter makes because it gives a perfect grounded line so you are guaranteed a clean wave.

DEFAULT DIP SETTINGS (S1):
This will give you dead center timings for Corona. Feel free to set the 3 dip to OFF and/or to add a CAP to get the maximum performance. You really can't go wrong it's a pretty solid setup.

POSTBIT JUMPERS (P1):
These fine tune the resistor on Postbit. The jumper should be set to 0 Ohms by default. In a very few minor instances a 10Ohm or 100Ohm resistor was required to shape a perfect wave.

This is the QSB kit for Corona installs. The CR4 XL code was designed and tuned with these installed and are highly recommended to ensure a perfect install.
They also come with all the necessary connectors for NAND-X, JR-Programmer, USB COMMS Cable, RATER etc[/color]

CR4 and QSB installed:

Flip the board. We tested all the CPU_RST points (blue wire). C5R11 consistently gave the best results with CR4 - especially when using the custom made Xecuter Double Shielded Pro Cable or the specially made IPEX CPU_RST Cable.
The IPEX cable is especially nice as it's super neat and tidy too.

If you want to have permanent external access to the NAND, you can hook up the QSB EXT V3 adapter.
Coolshrimp Modz
Brampton, ON
Https://CoolshrimpModz.com